Four men enter a graveyard, four men and a podcast leave. In this debut episode Tom discusses diplomacy in Civ V, Chris tries to wrap his head around Steam Trading Cards and Marsh makes the mistake of bringing up Dota 2.
Listen past the end of the episode for an inside look at exactly how hard it is to come up with a name for a podcast. Alternatively, listen to the end of the podcast to see how hard it is to end a podcast after three whiskies.
- Tom’s blog post covering the success of Gunpoint.
- Jon Shafer and Soren Johnson talk Civ on The Game Design Round Table podcast.
- XKCD illustrates the ‘Ballmer Peak’.
- Peter Molyneux invents the dog.
- MASQ. Play it now, so Graham will stop going on about it.
- The Cat and the Coup, the educational game about the Iranian revolution where you are a cat.
- Icycle, a game that actually does exist. Sorry Tom.