In which we cover a lot of ground. Graham acts like a monster in Monster Loves You while Chris learns that he basically just is one in The Sims 3. Tom becomes a Mercenary King and Marsh mediates our pointless rivalry with BBC Radio 4 serial The Archers.
A whole load of games we discuss in this episode are free, so you should totally check them out, disagree with us, and send us questions via the usual channels. There are links in the show notes below.
- The original Spelunky, in case you were wondering.
- Tom’s slightly amiss about who’s behind the daily map idea – it’s Doug Wilson and Zach Gage, not Doug Wilson and Grapefrukt.
- We say ‘Incredimouse’ many times during this episode. What we mean is ‘Transformice’. We are incompetent.
- George Buckenham’s Hell Is Other People, the sort-of-multiplayer Galaga-like.
- Paul Robertson’s pixel art. Warning: sometimes a little bit NSFW, sometimes very NSFW.
- Kings of Power 4 Billion%, one of Paul Robertson’s animations. Same warning as above.
- Intrusion 2. INTRUSION 2!
- Droqen’s games.
- You should probably play Frog Fractions, all things considered.
- Basshunter’s Dota, why not. I was wrong about when this came out by a couple of years, but it still blows my mind that this exists.
- That unnamed caveman survival game.