In which everything is connected to Gone Home. Conspiracies deepen as Tom F ghosts Deus Ex: HR, while Graham’s prejudices are undone by Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed. Marsh defies The Yawhg and Tom Senior nurtures a gun fetish in Receiver.
Apologies in advance for the audio issues this episode. Tom Senior sounds like he is speaking to us from the Mariana Trench. Not sure why. Annoyingly, the mic also periodically picks up the distant shrieks of kids enjoying the summer sun. Why can’t they just go inside and play computer games, eh?
- The marvellous and moving Gone Home – out on August 15th.
- Meticulous sci-fi gun-sim, Receiver.
- The annoyingly lengthily-titled Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed.
- DeadEndThrills’ amazing screenshot gallery for the aforementioned Sonic game.
- Beautiful pseudo-choose-your-own-adventure, The Yawhg. See more of Emily Carrol’s gorgeous art here.
- Seven Grand Steps – like an ancient Egyptian slot machine.
- Princess survival sim, Long Live the Queen.
- The Google-resistant Post Mortem, in which you choose who to kill to change the fate of a nation.
- Deus Ex Detpack Panic.
- Brendon Chung’s upcoming hacking game Quadrilateral Cowboy.
- Brendon Chung and Sanjay Madhav’s podcast, Extended Memory.
- Why swords generally only have a pointy bit at the front.
- Eskil Steenberg’s multiplayer FPS/RTS, Love.
- How to lose friends and alienate people: the socially ruinous multiplayer strategy game, Neptune’s Pride.