In which we consume a lot of milk. Also! Chris returns with tales from the Dota International, Marsh cops to a crime spree in Payday 2 and Graham is ravaged by Spelunky-addiction. Then we all get giddy (with excitement) after a dose of Oculus Rift.
Also discussed: things you can hold in your hand to make men lie down, Marsh’s irrational loathing of sport, noob-friendly RTS games, memory, music and someone called Michael, who it is apparently wise not to fluff. We also get buzzed by a helicopter, but it’s disappointingly not made out of gold.
- A game journalist dance-off. Much like in Alien vs Predator, whoever wins, humanity loses.
- The Dota International highlights on Twitch.
- An apology about lifts.
- We promise to stop talking about Spelunky soon. (Not really.)
- Heist-themed wave-survival shooter, Payday 2.
- The Oculus Rift, in case you’d forgotten what it was.
- Edge magazine’s 20th anniversary issue goes on sale Thursday 29th August.
- Chris’s Dota blog.
- Other handy Dota resources: Dota Reddit and Rock Paper Shotgun’s Dota community.
- We are reminded that Neverwinter Nights did a good job emulating pen and paper RPG freedom.
- StarCraft 2’s freeform roleplaying social sleuthing mod: Mafia.
- Some games for the RTS noob: Defcon, Galcon, Dice Wars and Eufloria.