In which Tom Senior lets slip the dogs of Total War: Rome 2. Marsh and Chris take to the skies in Ace Patrol and Graham brings them safely back down again thanks to X-Plane, with nary a duck embedded in their faces. Then we all Go(ne) Home.
Also, Tom unpicks the tangled lineage of the Endless series, Graham regrets mentioning Canada, we get scared to varying degrees by an abandoned wheelchair and no one talks about Spelunky. Except once. Really briefly. Honest.
- The premium naked-man scrotum-kicking simulator, Total War: Rome 2.
- The cold war strategy game based on the Europa Universalis engine that Graham mentions: East Vs West
- Endless Space, Endless Legend and Dungeon of the Endless.
- Sid Meier’s Ace Patrol for your personal computer and mobile telephony devices.
- Fastidiously accurate flight simulator, X-Plane.
- X-Plane’s duck-based-calamity aversion app: EFIS App.
- Narrative-led cupboard-crawler, Gone Home.
- Rob Yang’s excellent post on “Gone Home and the mansion genre”.
- Rich Stanton on Capybara Games and the making of Clash of Heroes.
- Dynamic sci-fi horror game, Routine.
- Stealth-horror game, Outlast.
- Top down, procedurally generated, open world horror game, Darkwood.
- The horror cliche collect-em-up, The Evil Within.