In which binary Marsh, alpha Graham and isolated Chris gather in the house of broken Tom, to discuss Broken Age, Alien: Isolation, the Next Car Game alpha, and the extremes of The Banner Saga.
Also discussed: everything ever, in this three hour extra-long episode, including our favourite game conferences, the King.com controversy, whether games can be olympic sports, why Chris electrocuted his brain, the consequences of virtual reality, whether there’s anything we can learn from Call of Duty… and more.
Sorry for the occasional bump noises. We’re still adjusting to the loss of the graveyard.
- Next Car Game is in alpha, but fun already.
- Wasteland 2‘s alpha has bad combat but good story.
- Cook, Serve, Delicious! It’s Magicka where you conjure food.
- The Banner Saga has good Norse bants.
- The King.com saga: not as bad as the holocaust.
- Does Broken Age justify the continued existence of adventure games?
- You are allowed to be excited about Alien: Isolation.
- The rules of skittles, a future olympic sport.
- Battlefield 4! It has Levobleurgh!
- Eve Fanfest! Blizzcon! ECTS! The Eurogamer Expo! Computer expos we have enjoyed.
- Electrify your brain with the FOC US. Or don’t.
- Valve’s Michael Abrash’s paper on their virtual reality prototype. (PDF)
- Aaron Steed writes in defence of Candy Crush. Also, play his free game, Mandy Crush.
- Steve Hogarty. The best at making things up.