Graham, Tom Senior, Chris and special guest Philippa Warr discuss insect-infested planets, robot-infested moons, man-infested robots, and subway-infested men. Or Infested Planet, Planetary Annihilation, Titanfall and Mini Metro, if you prefer.
Also discussed: lift music in the grim darkness of the far future; dance music in the mild inconvenience of the immediate present; dressing gowns; robots that are assholes. Listen through to the very end to hear the sound of a man braying unintelligibly through a doorway. Thanks for listening, everybody!
- Pip is from Not A Game Podcast. Also, the internet.
- Infested Planet is about mowing down tens of thousands of chitinous alien bugs.
- Mini Metro, a game that proves that public transport people aren’t… trying… hard… enough? (I love you and respect you, public transport people.)
- Dwarf Fortress for newbies.
- Angelina, an AI that does not – yet – have a PR.
- Planetary Annihilation, a strategy game hindered by the impossible geometry of, er, spheres.
- Titanfall is a game where your robot appreciates you. Here’s Chris’ review.
- Jonathan Jacques-Belletete’s triangles Tumblr, featuring Tom’s ruff.