Marsh, Chris and Tom F mull over this year’s best April Fools, the future of Oculus, crazy controllers at GDC, randomised adventures in Reaper of Souls, and why Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes represents the PC-ification of console games.
- Blizzard’s StarCraft April Fool in which many things, including the title of the post, acronym down to HotS.
- Valve VR man Michael Abrash posts about why he’s joining Oculus.
- Tom F talks a bit more about Droqen‘s excellent Analogue Defender on this Idle Thumbs episode.
- Please Don’t, Space Dog! An Oculus Rift game about correcting a dog’s mistakes.
- More details on Ken Levine’s idea for a system that generates replayable narratives.
- More on how related system Storybricks is being used in EverQuest Next.
- Special Effect, a UK charity set up to help disabled gamers play.
- Our YouTube channel, where you can find all one billion parts of Marsh & Rich Stanton’s Dark Souls playthrough, plus some less dark Gang Beast brawling.
Discuss it in the forum thread.