In which no bees or ghosts are welcome. But special guest Kim Richards is, and her tales of terror from Alien: Isolation. Plus: Chris unfurls The Elder Scrolls Online; Tom makes like an ent in Clash of Heroes; Marsh falls down Dark Souls’ lore hole.
Also on the pod: our favourite non-humanoids, why maths and flowers are bastards and how to safely open a can of semantics while dressed as a wizard.
- Kim’s ace channel and Twitter feed.
- Outlast, a horror game set in an asylum full of terrifying man-wang.
- Alan: Isolation. Alan knows where you are. Alan learns. Alan is coming to get you.
- Excellent puzzle-rpg-match-three-thing Clash of Heroes.
- The Elder Scrolls Online. Not as good as Guild Wars 2 and more expensive.
- Dark Souls: the greatest game of all time, according to Rich Stanton.
- Rich and Marsh play Dark Souls on our YouTube channel, btw.
- Games with non-humanoid avatars:
- Make-your-own-pathogen game, Plague Inc. Remember to wash your hands, folks.
- The sticky alien tendril game Tom couldn’t remember the name of was String Theory – thanks Hypocee. Sadly it doesn’t look like you can download it anymore.
- Fungi expansion game, Mushroom 11.
- Alien flora/fauna escape game, Paradise Lost.
- Organisations which help people play games: Able Gamers, Special Effect.
- From our discussion of books:
You can discuss the episode on our forum, don’tchaknow.