Tom F, Chris and Marsh convene at the dawn of a new Steam sale to celebrate cheap games that neither Tom nor Marsh need to buy. Then, Chris breaks through the crust of competitive Dota, Tom breaks his head against Transistor, and Marsh watches while Enslaved slowly breaks itself.
We also answer your questions at some length. When we say “answer”, though, what we really mean is “talk around.” Discussed: games that are secretly the best games in other franchises; the evils of corporate terminology; the lunar provenance of certain wizards.
- Valve’s new Team Fortress 2 film is very good.
- They also wrote this amusing blog post about rejected TF2 weapons. Oh, Valve. Look at you, Valving it up.
- 2 Dota 2 Ancient is some kind of isometric competitive action strategy game.
- Transistor is beautiful, unbalanced, gruelling, recommended.
- Enslaved is Ninja Theory’s borderline-unfinished action adventure game about a buff Andy Serkis who exists permenently on the brink of a trouser catastrophe.
- Kotaku talk No One Lives Forever’s laudably progressive writing.