Toms Francis and Senior, Grahams Smith and Marshes Davies convene to discuss a Deus Ex: Human Revolution speed run, being guilted into stealth in Black Flag’s slave-freeing DLC, and the pleasure of Watch Dogs’ open-world-Spy-Party multiplayer.
Plus masterful griefing in Dark Souls, whether BioShock Infinite’s combat was any good, and whether cultural resonance excuses rescuing a princess.
- The Deus Ex: Human Revolution speed run I enthuse about.
- The Summer Games Done Quick charity speedrun event is still going on till Sunday. Here’s the schedule.
- The Speed Demos Archive probably has a run for whatever game you might want to see.
- Great post on the forums by Zoetrope explaining the bizarre secret behind how the runner boosts his health so much in the Half-Life run we mention – includes a vid of that run.
- Dark Souls disguise trolling.
- ‘Til Cows Tear us Apart, a short, funny, free game for the Space Cowboy Game Jam, with great music. Turns out they do have permission for it, too.
- somnolentsurfer points out we neglected to explain what Gun Game is. It’s a game mode where each player is assigned a random weapon rather than buying or collecting them – details.
- Video explaining the virtues of Bioshock Infinite’s combat that Sam refers to in his question.
- Women as Background Decoration: Part 1 – the Tropes vs Women in Video Games episode we discuss.