In which Chris returns from The International and takes us to wizard school, correcting the Dota follies of episodes past. Plus: Tom F buys a new PC to run Saints Row 4, Graham harries criminals in asymmetrical tactical shooter Due Process, and Marsh has a high percentage chance to hit the turn-based, tactical Halfway.
Plus! The only thing Crysis sequels are good for; why more games need to steal from Fire Emblem; the benefits of being a coma ghost; why you are not a storyteller; and what Chris plans to do about the people who GIF his face.
- The International might have ended, but you can of course still watch the final over at the Dota 2 site.
- Halfway is a turn-based tactics game that’s halfway good.
- Whereas Fire Emblem Awakening‘s relationship tactics are all-the-way good. It’s not a PC game though.
- Due Process aims to bring back a little SWAT4 magic. Here’s the Alpha As Fuck trailer, Graham’s preview, and the official site.
- This picture is worth a thousand words and all of them are “DOTA”. You can find more Chris photoshops in this thread on our lovely forum.
- The Crew‘s closed beta only lasted for a weekend, and its “sweet jumps and drifts” remain unconfirmed. It does sound like FUEL 2 though.
- Driver: San Francisco: a name too generic to remember, a game with an upgradeable coma.
- “No, fuckhead, you are not a storyteller.”
Discuss this episode on our forums.
You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (pun intros are entirely optional), and tweet us at @crateandcrowbar. If you’d like to tweet us individually, here’s Marsh, Tom, Chris, and Graham.