Gamescom special! Chris, Tom S and Graham cozy up in a German hotel room to discuss their experiences at the worlds largest, loudest, sweatiest celebration of free t-shirts and also videogames sometimes.
Discussed: the maths-based magic of No Man’s Sky, procedural Death Star runs in Galak-Z, stepping out of your own body in Elite: Dangerous, the joys of LEGO Batman 3, and further encounters with acid-blooded space Columbo in Alien: Isolation. Then, Tom turns into a big rock monster and tries to kill everybody.
- If for whatever reason you weren’t watching British sketch comedy in the mid-noughties, this is Numberwang.
- No Man’s Sky actually looks like this, is a real game.
- Galak-Z, that procedurally generated shmup we didn’t know we really wanted.
- F-Zero meets Micromachines in The Next Penelope, obviously.
- You can listen to our initial discussion of Alien: Isolation in episode 26.
- EVOLUTION DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY GOODNIGHT.