The Toms, Chris and Graham gather to to discuss the viscosity of Les Enfants Terribles in Metal Gear Solid 5, concoct horde entrapment strategies in Fortnite, dissect the turn-based stealth of Invisible Inc. and bludgeon hawks to death with trees in Secrets of Raetikon.
Also discussed: authorship niggles in Depression Quest, gaming when retired, the pros and cons of game wikis and that time Graham spent a weekend in a Picross-fuelled fugue state synonymous with death. Hooray for games!
- We are prepared for the madness of Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain.
- Fortnite is Epic’s cute free-to-play sandbox tower defence thing.
- Invisible Inc. is a hard turn-based stealth game.
- Secrets of Raetikon, aka Grabby Bird, aka Hawks Must Die.
- Depression Quest is free on Steam.
- Games journo retirees will play StarCraft 2 in the park. And SUPER HOT.
- Games that benefit from a bit of “side reading”: Dark Souls, Dark Souls 2, but not Kerbal Space Program so much.
- If you have a DS, try Picross, at your peril.
- Other good passive games that temporarily occupy the mind: Titanfall, Diablo 3.
- Games that bust your synapses: Supreme Commander, Supreme Commander 2.
- How to destroy a hard SupCom 2 AI using only engineers, one of the first things Tom S wrote for PC Gamer during a work experience week many moons ago. *wistful gaze*
- Not mentioned on the pod, but a quick PSA: Dishonored is free this weekend. It’s a C&C fave.
You can email us at email@example.com (puns optional) or follow us on Twitter at @crateandcrowbar. If you’d like to tweet us individually, here’s Tom Francis, Tom Senior, Chris, and Graham.
This episode is also available on our YouTube channel, where you’ll also find our adventures in Dark Souls, Gang Beasts, Spelunky and more.