In which special guest Phil Savage brings us tales of calamitous chair physics (and pickles) from vintage bugfest Boiling Point. Marsh interrogates robots in The Fall and Tom Senior puts a bit of stick about, courtesy of some snazzy peripherals.
Also: Gang Beasts is up on Early Access – should you buy it yet? Plus: what awaits us in the Diablo III update; shortform games for the vitamin-D-craving outdoorsman; gaming’s hottest bears (other than Log); and why you, yes you, are a wizard.
- Go on a glitch safari with Arnold Vosloo in Boiling Point.
- Boiling Point’s dubious sequel White Gold and the simultaneously developed sci-fi game using the same engine, The Precursors.
- The studio, Deep Shadows, doesn’t appear to have released much since 2011, when it had resorted to making hidden object games. It’s not clear if it’s still a going concern.
- Gang Beasts is a thing you can now give money to receive.
- Intriguing Asimov-y adventure game, The Fall.
- An expensive thing to break: the Hotas Warthog flightstick.
- The Diablo III update means Double-Goblin Christmas.
- Andy Kelly’s superb video series charting the landscapes of videogames: Other Places.
- A pretty game to play in bursts: Burnout Paradise.
- You can play the new Unreal Tournament as it gets built.
This episode is also available on our YouTube channel, where you’ll also find our adventures in Dark Souls, Gang Beasts, Spelunky and more.