In which nations may or may not be sundered. Tom S, Chris and Marsh are joined by Hot Duke Matt Cox, who’s been playing ho-hum robo-moba Minimum. Chris raises a stein to Wolfenstein and Marsh keeps it rail in score-attack subway-sim Mini Metro.
Plus! The existential impoverishment of a perfect life in The Sims 4; the slim pickings of robot-mining game SteamWorld Dig; and Tom’s paean to Relic’s greatest hits, Homeworld and Dawn of War. Also discussed: the meaning of words, vectors of difficulty and the ideal placement of your fishman-wizard.
- Did you hear? Mojang, creators of Minecraft, got bought by Microsoft for $2.5 billion. What a pittance!
- Minimum, a shooter with giant AI robots.
- Operatic Nazi-perforator, Wolfenstein: The New Order.
- Lovely subway-map-sim Mini Metro.
- There’s a reason breaking rocks was considered a fitting punishment for prisoners, SteamWorld Dig.
- Empty California dreaming, in The Sims 4.
- Alice and Kev: the story of being homeless in The Sims 3.
- Not the dusk of war. Not the mid-morning of war. Not the siesta of war. No, sir/madam. Accept no substitutes for Relic’s Warhammer 40,000 RTS, Dawn of War
- You’re going home and your home is a world in Homeworld. It’s a hard game to buy now – your best bet is eBay.
- Tom was thinking of a Homeworld 2 mod: this one, in which you can command crew members.
- You’re at home and your home is a world that might blow up in Planetary Annihilation.
- Chris and Marsh did a newb friendly Dota 2 cast.
- Guild Wars 2 is a cool game that is apparently now controversially easier.
You can email us at email@example.com (puns optional) or follow us on Twitter at @crateandcrowbar. If you’d like to tweet us individually, here’s Tom Senior, Marsh, Chris Thursten and Matt Cox.
This episode is also available on our YouTube channel, where you’ll also find our adventures in Dark Souls, Gang Beasts, Spelunky and more.