In which the sky splits asunder, illuminating the pallid, rictus faces of Marsh, Tom S and Tom F as they discuss spoooOOOOoooky games like Alien: Isolation, The Evil Within and, er, Civilization: Beyond Earth. Also booted: Lords of the Fallen.
Plus! Why you should never agree to live in a biosphere, whether child-sized superhero costumes are worth their weight in games and how to solve romantic schisms caused by in-game voice-chat. Double extra plus! The economics of Steam sales, the excellence of photo-modes and the sub-par pathfinding of Roombas.
Haunted show notes:
- Does Alien: Isolation successfully systematise terror?
- The Evil Within: who needs systems when you have a chainsaw in your face?
- The very fabric of the environment is scary in STALKER.
- *sound of childish laughter and footsteps from the attic*
- Indie game Imscared is scary for reasons Tom F won’t spoil.
- Civilization: Beyond Earth appears not to have looked to the stars for its inspiration after all.
- The sorry tale of Biosphere 2.
- *a series of inhuman howls, ever louder, ever closer*
- Lords of the Fallen wants to be Dark Souls but doesn’t quite have the chops.
- Tom F’s photos with Shadow of Mordor’s camera mode.
- Beautiful-digital-bum-forager, Dead End Thrills delivers the (slightly spoilery) goods on Alien: Isolation.
- Twist reveal: you’re actually the ghost!
- New Terminator, LOL. Why are they all firing at the ground?!
- The Miele Classic C1 (in cherry red) is a very fine vacuum cleaner, we are told.
- Vopperough’s 1v1 mid Dota 2 tourney is a thing that is happening on our forums!
- *climbs back inside coffin*
Want discussion? You can talk about this pod inside the Episode Discussion forum.