Happy 2015! But is it? Not so far, judging by the faces Marsh and Chris pull at Game of Thrones, while Graham falls asleep at Elite’s space-wheel. Sadness, but hurrah for The Two Toms, who bring the new year cheer from Invisible Inc and Dragon Age 3.
Plus! That which lies halfway between GORE and a GNOME, what you get if you smash open Tyrion in Viva Westeros, the Alien: Isolation spin-offs we most desire, the Gone Home spin-offs we most desire, our favourite dismemberments, when bombs go bad and the Western’s influence on games.
“That’s money, Gaynor.”
- Invisible Inc is stealth XCOM, but nigh-on impossible from the sound of it.
- Elite: Dangerous makes Graham’s laser sleepy.
- Elite: Dangerous makes Chris deploy his hardpoints.
- Dragon Age: Inquisition has great arguments, too few pliant lesbians and crummy combat.
- Telltale tell the tale of the game of the Game of Thrones, and not terribly well.
- Freeman’s Mind is made by Ross Scott, and his Game Dungeon series features one video on Tyrian, a shmup packed with funny sci-fi writing.
- Hoplite is a great game for your Apple Mackintosh Portable Communications and Computing Device Pocket Edition.
- How Invisible Inc handles failure, according to Tom F.
- Top tier goblin-kicking simulator Dark Messiah of Might and Magic
- Chris writes about Red Dead Redemption for Edge
- Winchester 73, a film about a gun
- Kotaku’s compilation of Vlambeer protoypes, including JW’s personal project Western Hour inspired by High Noon.
The place to discuss this episode is the Episode Discussion Forum.
And if you’d like to follow us on Twitter individually, here we are: