Tom F, Chris and Marsh talk Patreon gratitude, dodging the FPS Police, losing to vegetation in Caves of Qud, throwing a mushroom-hating corpse into a prison in The Magic Circle, researching your enemies in a Dota 2 tournament, and premature celebration at Evo.
Also: were modding tools friendly than game-making ones are now? Should games stop you from playing too much? How can we improve our sound quality? And what the fuck is going on with Star Citizen and Derek Smart?
Could we be doing a better job of range compression on the pod? If so, tell us how! We use Audacity. Here are the compression settings we use, and what the pod looks like before compression:
Here’s what it looks like after compression (and the amplify settings we use):
- Marsh prematurely evaluates Caves of Qud, a mad, hard roguelike.
- Tom recorded his whole Magic Circle playthrough – part 2 shows what’s best about it. He also agrees with everything in Alec’s RPS review. And here’s Marsh’s less positive impression when he played the Early Access version.
- Guilty Gear Xrd player Woshige prematurely celebrating a win in the semi-finals at the Evolution tournament, only to realise the next round has already started.
- Here is a compilation of all Conrad Verner moments in the Mass Effect series, in answer to the question about games self-parodying.
- Is Cars set in the same universe as Wall-E? No, absolutely not, but here is an article about how it is.
- Extra Credits on ‘exit points’ in games – prompts to stop playing.
- Here’s the Derek Smart rant about Star Citizen we discuss – though it is not his only one.
So yes, you can now chuck a buck or two per pod into the Crate and Crowbar kitty if you wish! Thanks to all who are already doing so. The place to do it is our Patreon, where we also detail what kind of things the money will be used for.
You can also follow us on Twitter as individuals: