In which Graham and Marsh discuss the tubular murders of Rainbow Six: Siege – an amazing game parcelled up in horror. Tom F tethers himself to Just Cause 3 and uses up too many characters of this description in Dr. Langeskov, The Tiger, And The Terri
…bly Cursed Emerald: A Whirlwind Heist, which is a very funny and entirely free game that you should play right now. Plus! Our faintly sceptical reactions to the announced Psychonauts and System Shock sequels, dressing games up in dread and excitement, how Max Hastings ruined World War 2, our favourite glowy green lines, Graham’s steely lack of remorse, and when run speeds go bad.
- Psychonauts 2 is a thing now. Hey ho.
- System Shock 3 is also a thing. We got the name of the dev wrong: it’s made by Otherside, who have several members of the old Looking Glass team on board.
- Otherside are also making a spiritual successor to Ultima Underworld called Ultima Ascendant.
- Rainbow Six: Siege is a really great game in spite of its self-effacing economy.
- Dr. Langeskov, The Tiger, And The Terribly Cursed Emerald: A Whirlwind Heist – a very funny by Crows Crows Crows – a company founded by one of the designers of The Stanley Parable.
- Just Cause 3 makes some gruesome omelettes.
- Vermintide is a bit like Left 4 Dead but with rat-men instead of zombies.
- This book on Stalingrad is phenomenally depressing. But it’s by Beevor not Hastings. Silly Marsh!
- Hardcore Histories is a much better podcast than this one.
- Guardians of Orion has less good heals than Team Fortress 2, but it does have dinosaurs. Marsh wrote about it.
- Battlefield is a nice game we remember. I can’t be bothered to link all the ones we mention.
- Fallout: New Vegas has a daft ending.
- Subterfuge is a mobile game about submarine betrayal and conquest that Graham is the best at.
The place to discuss this episode is in the Episode Discussion forum.
You can also hang out in our Discord chatroom if you like.
You can also follow us on Twitter as individuals:
If you want to support the podcast, you can pledge us a dollar or two per episode over on our Patreon. You can also give us a one-off tip if you prefer: