In which all podders assemble! Marsh, Chris, Tom F, Tom S and Graham run through their many picks for the best games of 2015, before making a desperate attempt to name just one game each.
Also discussed: nothing, because we liked a lot of games this year.
Because all five of us are on this episode, we had to record it in a different location and use the old microphone. Apologies for the change in sound quality this brings. This is also our last podcast of the year, but we shall return in 2016. Merry holiday days, errybody!
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is liked by all! It’s also PC Gamer’s game of the year.
- Invisible, Inc. is a tightly wound turn-based stealth machine. Here’s Tom on what works in it and why.
- Rocket League is a multiplayer delight, and brilliant for scrubs. Here’s Chris’s story of becoming fixated by it.
- Pillars of Eternity is a wordy RPG with surprisingly innovative combat. Here’s Tom Senior’s guide to just that.
- Much like Pillars, 80 Days is “vignette as fuck.” Here’s Graham’s review of the PC release.
- Cities: Skylines has knocked SimCity 4 from its skyscraping perch. It’s one of RPS’s games of the year.
- Her Story is a non-linear storytelling game about searching video files. Here’s Tom and what works in it and why.
- Kerbal Space Program is miraculous. Here’s Graham and RPS on why it’s the best space game of 2015.
- Heroes of the Storm gives good baby Dotes. Here’s Marsh’s review.
- Grow Home is a physically animated delight! Here are the previous podcast episodes we’ve talked about it on.
- Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Siege is an asymmetric multiplayer game about knocking down walls. Here’s the pods we mentioned it on between beta and release.
- Grand Theft Auto V is a lovely city. Here’s Tom Francis’s videos of playing it.
- Bloodborne isn’t on PC but fuck it.
- The Beginner’s Guide and Dr Langeskov, The Tiger, And The Terribly Cursed Emerald: A Whirlwind Heist feel like two sides of a conversation, perhaps because they were made the co-creators of The Stanley Parable.
- The Magic Circle is a game about making games. Here’s Tom on one of its charms.
- Keep Talking And Nobody Explodes is the year’s best co-op game. Here’s Graham and RPS on why.
The place to discuss this episode is in the Episode Discussion forum.
You can also hang out in our Discord chatroom if you like.
You can also follow us on Twitter as individuals:
If you want to support the podcast, you can pledge us a dollar or two per episode over on our Patreon. You can also give us a one-off tip if you prefer: