Tom F, Chris, and Graham discuss Hitman is going fully episodic, whether That Dragon Cancer needs to be a game, climbing on people in Dragon’s Dogma, reporting meadows in Firewatch, interrupting teens in Oxenfree, and what we’re most looking forward to this year.
- Hitman’s gone episodic. It was going to launch with 4 locations and more to come, now it’ll launch with 2 and get a new one every month. You can still pay $60 to pre-buy it all.
- That Dragon, Cancer‘s top Steam tags are Indie Adventure Narration Singleplayer Horror, by the way. The forums are no fun.
- Dragon’s Dogma is out on PC now, reasonably cheap, very good, and lets you climb on big people.
- Little Party is a short story game about your daughter’s all-nighter party. Little Party never killed nobody, a plus for any game.
- Firewatch is out 10th of Feb. If you see something bucolic, say something bucolic.
- Oxenfree is by Night School Studio, and is a beautiful and cool semi-horror adventure game out now.
- Reap is a gorgeous little free game about maps and survival and turnips.
- Cook Serve Delicious is about food. Kairosoft do indeed do a food service game on mobile: Cafeteria Nipponica.
- My Friend Pedro: Blood, Bullets, Bananas shot to the top of Tom’s most-wanted with a few swift gifs. Watch them all in the dev blogs here.
- Graham’s most-wanted-drive-around-with-your-uncle game Jalopy was previously called Hac.
- Graham’s also excited about Diaries of a Spaceport Janitor, because of how you’re a spaceport janitor.
The place to discuss this episode is in the Episode Discussion forum.
You can also hang out in our Discord chatroom if you like.
You can also follow us on Twitter as individuals:
If you want to support the podcast, you can pledge us a dollar or two per episode over on our Patreon. You can also give us a one-off tip if you prefer: