The games, they keep on coming. Tom S, Tom F, Marsh and Graham gather to discuss The Division beta, XCOM 2, The Witness and Rise of the Tomb Raider.
Also discussed: our favourite aliens, our favourite snow, and more on Tom’s ball problem.
- Crusader King 2 has a new expansion! But it’s the patch notes for the freely available update that excites us most.
- The Division aka Tom Clancy’s Destiny has enjoyed another beta weekend. There’s an open beta soon, if our talk of terrible guns appeals.
- XCOM 2 is out! You’re going to be playing it forever, says Tom S in his review. An enjoyable curse.
- Doom Bar is a delicious ale.
- The Witness is out and people have had time to play it. It has mazes and statues.
- Rise of the Tomb Raider is out and Marsh and Tom F have also been playing it. It has good optional tombs.
- It’s also less cinematic than the previous Tomb Raider, which Marsh skewered in a Fail Forward video much as the game so frequently skewered Lara.
- Stephen Fry’s reading of ‘The Letter‘ is everything Tom S said it was and more.
- The Bureau: XCOM Declassified ended up guff, but the concept art and early screenshots for its first iteration looked pretty great.
- Stellaris is a 4X game doing interesting things with its tech tree. For example: it does not have a tech tree, as explained in this dev diary.
- Dirt Rally has some lovely snow, everyone agrees.
- Tomb Raider ‘Wild Pack’ cards can make you be on fire at all times, among other things.
The place to discuss this episode is in the Episode Discussion forum.
You can also hang out in our Discord chatroom if you like.
You can also follow us on Twitter as individuals:
If you want to support the podcast, you can pledge us a dollar or two per episode over on our Patreon. You can also give us a one-off tip if you prefer: