Marsh, Tom F and Chris talk about their terrible marriages, Marsh explains why no-one dies in the new Hitman beta, Tom recounts his overpowered XCOM team’s most humiliating defeat, and Chris brags about his score in Devil Daggers. Also discussed: Californium, Prospekt, Street Fighter V, the Vive’s price, and good gaming coffee table books.
- Californium is a game about a messed up writer who can move between realities, which explains why Marsh likes it.
- Californium is indeed a real element, a man-made radioactive metal first synthesised at the University of California.
- The various GIFs and vids we discuss from the Hitman Beta, collated by PC Gamer.
- Prospekt is an unofficial continuation of Opposing Force’s story, made in Source. Marsh doesn’t think much of it.
- The PCG Weekender is on March 5-6 in London, you can try the Vive there, and tickets are on sale now.
- Tom’s calamitous attempt to complete a tricky XCOM 2 mission using his B-team of misfits and noobs.
- Devil Daggers is £4, and it is hell.
- Street Fighter V is out, but missing much of what it needs.
- Gaming coffee table books, courtesy of Marsh:
- A Brief History of Videogames
- Britsoft: An Oral History
- The Bitmap Brothers: Universe
- Death By Video Game
- Dark Souls: Design Works
- You Died
- Raising The Bar
- Masters of Doom
The place to discuss this episode is in the Episode Discussion forum.
You can also hang out in our Discord chatroom if you like.
You can also follow us on Twitter as individuals: