Tom F, Tom S and Alex Wiltshire gather to discuss the latest goings-on in the world of CS:GO gun skin gambling, before turning their attention to many wonderful videogames, including Concrete Jungle, Far Cry Primal, 35MM, House of the Dying Sun and, for some reason, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.
Apologies for the dip in sound quality this week. We’re not recording in our typical studio, but normal quality will be restored soon.
- The CS:GO skin gambling controversy continues to evolve. Here’s PCG with an overview of the controversy, and an explanation of how skin gambling works. Eurogamer catches an inside look at the grubby business surrounding the scene here.
- Concrete Jungle is an excellent little game about deck-building and adjacency bonuses.
- We’re enjoying the furious wildlife of Far Cry Primal.
- And Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, why not.
- “Miserablist walk-’em-up” 35 MM.
- House of the Dying Sun is an interesting and beautiful space game…
- …and triggers memories of the seminal TIE Fighter and Freespace 2.
- Do you like endless complaining about class choices? Try Overwatch.
- Swordfighting games discussed: Determinance, Clang, Silver. Blade Symphony is also worth a mention.
- Games you can exploit the mechanics of to enhance the experience: Disgaea, Final Fantasy VII.
- The Witcher 3 is great, and the Blood and Wine expansion is even better.
You can also follow us individually: