This week Tom F, Tom S and Chris T are joined by special guest Zack Johnson for a mega-pod. We talk about recent Steam review changes, before moving on to discuss Chris Metzen’s departure from Blizzard and marvel at Mankind Divided’s magnificent bank.
Also! Spooky text adventures, sweet online card duels, inventory system woes and why action RPGs are like topiary. PLUS, an innovative solution to a meat tornado problem.
- Our guest today is Zack Johnson, the creator of Kingdom of Loathing and host on the excellent Video Games Hot Dog podcast, he’s currently working on West of Loathing, aka “Skyrim with beans”.
- Steam reviews have changed. Developers have reacted on RPS and PCG.
- Blizzard news! Chris Metzen leaves Blizzard with this message.
- Ex-Blizzard news! Bliz supremo Rob Pardo launches Bonfire Studios.
- World of Warcraft Legion is out and people seem to be enjoying that.
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided has a brilliant bank.
- Even when punching entirely the wrong person, Jensen commits.
- Text adventure set in a scary place: The House Abandon. Give it a try, it’s free.
- The trifecta of good modern action RPGs: Grim Dawn, Path of Exile, Diablo 3. POE is free to play.
- Gorgeous, smart card-duelling game Duelyst. Faeria is also worth a look. Both also free to play.
- Inventory systems are mostly balls, therefore all games need the Torchlight dog. Torchlight is not free, but it is a cute introduction to the genre.
You can also hang out in our Discord chatroom if you like.
You can also follow us individually: