Pip, Chris and Tom Francis discuss Amazon’s trio of recent game announcements, Burly Men at Sea, Battlerite, Hitman, various 4X space games, and Thumper.
Also: Adam Jensen’s detachable arms and legs, interactive fiction games we can’t remember the names of, Niddhog 2’s art, the state of competitive League of Legends, a bit of cheeky nipple talk, and many tangents besides.
- Breakaway is Amazon’s new football MOBA thing. Here’s a ten minute match.
- Crucible and New World are the other two games.
- Choice Chamber is another game that lets Twitch viewers participate.
- Here’s the time Twitch beat a Chess grandmaster (at Chess) (sort of).
- A little bit of Battlerite again why not.
- Pip’s folksy adventure, Burly Men at Sea.
- Hitman has arrived in a new location, continues to hit men.
- Stellaris has been patched, which is great news if you want to write poetry, lift, and kill dogs.
- Endless Space 2 just entered Early Access, murderboats and all.
- As Abraham Lincoln just said, a Mankind Divided probably shouldn’t be trusted with children on account of the whole robot arms thing.
- Here’s what Thumper looks and sounds like.
- …and also, Clustertruck.
- The detective interactive fiction game that Tom can’t remember the name of is Make It Good. The IF game that Chris can’t remember the name of is Spider and Web. We’re good at this.
- Pip had a sexy horse murder IF romp in Lords of the Earth Flame.
- Our discussion about interactive fiction was prompted by IFComp 2016.
- Watch the Niddhogg 2 reveal, have opinions about it.
- Here’s Kane’s long letter about Rimworld and Dwarf Fortress, and here’s Veerserif’s essay.
You can also follow us individually: