Chris, Tom S and Tom F discuss Phoenix Point, Vanquish, N++, The Signal From Tolva, Elite Dangerous and more. Then: a wild Pip appears?
Plus: Destiny on PC! Dice in the wrong places! Penguins! Games on laptops! Plugs! Lambrini! Buckets! Ending! Every! Word! With! An! Exclamation! Mark!
- Phoenix Point is Julian Gollop’s new game, or ‘Phoenix Uh-uh-uh-uh-uprising’ as it’s also known. Here’s more info.
- Vanquish! It’s coming to PC! Probably! Please?
- Tom F’s been playing N++.
- Tom S likes one of The Signal From Tolva‘s sniper rifles so much he can’t move properly any more.
- Chris has been drawn back into Elite: Dangerous by (a) his basic nature and (b) this slowly unfolding space mystery.
- Chris totally on-time Destiny lore guide can be found here.
- Here’s Kotaku’s article on the making of Destiny.
- Kids staged an adorable anti-Trump protest in Club Penguin.
- Recommended games for low-spec PCs and laptops include Concrete Jungle, Invisible Inc, FTL, Spelunky, Devil Daggers, Factorio, Stardew Valley, and the wealth of games on itch.io.
- And also Heat Signature, hackmud and Pip’s Twine game, they suggested TOTALLY ETHICALLY.
You can hang out with us and our community on our Discord channel. If you have a question for a future episode, send it to us at email@example.com or tweet us @crateandcrowbar. If you’d like to watch this episode on YouTube, you can do so here. You can also subscribe to our YouTube channel, if you like.
The Crate and Crowbar is kindly funded by our Patreon backers. If you’d like to know more about supporting our podcast and its spinoffs, click here.
Chris and Tom released episode three of Miniatures Monthly this week. If you’re into tiny plastic people, give ‘er a listen.
You can also follow us individually: