Notorious hobbledehoys Pip, Tom F and Tom S gather to discuss gaming matters of the day, including the plot of Half-Life 2: Episode 3, XCOM 2: War of the Chosen, Ken Follett’s The Pillars of the Earth, Destiny 2, Dead Cells and bums.
Plus! Your questions and finest game name substitutions. Show notes:
- BIG NEWS OF THE WEEK. Vermintide 2.
- ALSO Dontnod are doing something narrative next year.
- Marc Laidlaw laid out the plot of Half-Life 2: Episode 3.
- XCOM 2: War of the Chosen is hard work but great.
- Here’s Pip’s review of Ken Follett’s The Pillars of the Earth (chapters 1-7)
- Destiny 2 is comiiiing aaaaaah!
- The Dead Cells daily challenge has some issues.
- IKEA VR Pancake Kitchen is supposed to be good??
- Before Quern, there was the game Tom S could not remember the name of. It’s Valley.
- Games to learn controllers with: Batman: Arkham challenge rooms, Crypt of the Necrodancer (though you need to do some rebinding to get it working, details in this FAQ), Portal.
You can hang out with us and our community on our Discord channel. If you have a question for a future episode, send it to us at email@example.com or tweet us @crateandcrowbar. If you’d like to watch this episode on YouTube, you can do so here. You can also subscribe to our YouTube channel, if you like.
The Crate and Crowbar is kindly funded by our Patreon backers. If you’d like to know more about supporting our podcast and its spinoffs, click here.
You can also follow us on Twitter: