Tom F is joined by Zack and Kevin from Asymmetric for a Crate & Crowbar/Videogames Hotdog crossover episode recorded at Fantastic Arcade in Austin, Texas.
Discussed: the explosive appeal of Untitled Goose Game, Wilmot’s Warehouse, Bennett Foddy’s Getting Over It, Minute, Into The Breach, and loads more. It’s all in the shownotes below.
Patreon backers will not be charged for this episode. It’s a bit of a departure from normal podcast procedure, and we didn’t want to risk double-charging people who back both The Crate & Crowbar and Videogames Hotdog. So we’re not charging at all!
- Here’s the computer website for Fantastic Arcade.
- Zack and Kevin made West of Loathing, incidentally.
- Tom’s just released a new update for Heat Signature. He doesn’t talk about this on the podcast, but I, Chris, am mentioning it in these show notes.
- Here’s Dick Hogg and Ricky Haggett’s Wilmot’s Warehouse.
- Getting Over It with Bennett Foddy is difficult and funny and Tom won’t play it.
- Minit is incredibly hard to Google if you’ve only heard it described on a podcast, let me tell you.
- Jordan Mechner’s Journals cover the making of Prince of Persia.
- 10 Mississippi: also difficult to Google, pals.
- Everybody’s very excited about Into The Breach.
- Here are thecatamite’s videogames and here is his Fantastic Arcade talk.
- And here is Genesis Noir and associated talk.
- Also, Capy’s BELOW and talk.
- Forest Cup brought out the rare competitive side of Tom F (and is also impossible to Google.)
- The other tournament game was Jar Wars.
- Here’s Hypnospace Outlaw.
- Also, the talk about Blind Drive.
- Finally, Pipsqueak by Jenny Jiao Hsia.
You can hang out with us and our community on our Discord channel. If you have a question for a future episode, send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet us @crateandcrowbar. This episode is on YouTube here, and you can subscribe to our YouTube channel, if you like.
The Crate and Crowbar is kindly funded by our Patreon backers. If you’d like to know more about supporting our podcast and its spinoffs, click here.
You can also follow us on Twitter dot com: