Tom S and Chris are joined by Alex Wiltshire to discuss Into The Breach’s imminent release, why it’s okay to hunt monsters if they’re bastards, RPG combat design and more.
Plus: a brief return to Subnautica and further musings on the ocean willies therein; the secret missing element to Subnautica’s survival formula; toxicity, Dota 2, PUBG, sport, and why the internet is bad perhaps.
- Into The Breach is out on the 27th of February!
- Tom’s new game is Tactical Breach Wizards.
- Everybody’s playing Monster Hunter World, which is out on PC in the Autumn.
- Tom has been playing Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age.
- Alex has been unpicking the fineries of Divinity: Original Sin 2‘s combat design.
- Here’s Stephen ‘thecatamites’ Gill-Murphy’s talk at Fantastic Arcade, as discussed in episode 216.
- Alex is hosting a panel on the early British games industry in London on the 12th of February.
- …and Tom S and Pip will be at the PC Gamer Weekender, also in London, 17th-18th February.
You can hang out with us and our community on our Discord channel. If you have a question for a future episode, send it to us at email@example.com or tweet us @crateandcrowbar. This episode is on YouTube here, and you can subscribe to our YouTube channel, if you like.
The Crate and Crowbar is kindly funded by our Patreon backers. If you’d like to know more about supporting our podcast and its spinoffs, click here.
You can also follow us on Twitter dot com: