Alex, Chris and Tom F discuss game dev authenticity, Industries of Titan, Destiny 2, Dragon Quest XI, and Concrete Jungle.
Plus: automatic toilet theory, figuring out how much we actually know about each other, and winning the trust of the shotgun people.
- Here’s Lindsay Ellis’ video essay about manufactured authenticity on YouTube (and elsewhere.)
- …and a contemporary Wired article about the Redshell tracking software.
- Chris and Alex are both doing stuff at EGX. Alex is talking to the Disco Elysium chaps on the main stage at 1pm on Friday. Chris is doing UNANNOUNCED OTHER STUFF on Friday and Saturday.
- Here’s Alex’s interview with Zach Barth for RPS.
- Chris has done a Cyberpunk 2020 tabletop video series for PlayStation Access. First one’s up today!
- Megaquarium is out now! So is Frozen Synapse 2!
- Tom’s been playing Industries of Titan (at PAX. It’s not out yet.)
- Alex has been playing Dragon Quest XI.
- Chris won’t stop banging on about Destiny 2: Forsaken‘s Gambit mode.
- You can find Angel Mapper’s excellent Phase Shift map for UT2004 here.
- Tom’s returned to Concrete Jungle for its competitive mode.
- The good Shadow of the Tomb Raider review that Chris mentions is this one, by Dia Lacina for Waypoint.
You can hang out with us and our community on our Discord channel. If you have a question for a future episode, send it to us at email@example.com or tweet us @crateandcrowbar. You can also listen to it on YouTube, and subscribe to our YouTube channel, if you like.
The Crate and Crowbar is kindly funded by our Patreon backers. If you’d like to know more about supporting our podcast and its spinoffs, click here.
You can follow us on Twitter thusly: