Tom F, Alex and Marsh discuss the voxely promise of Teardown and existential terror of Microsoft Flight Simulator, return to Destiny redux, play some holes in What the Golf? and get nailed by every pixel in Noita.
Put that in your leviathan and smoke it.
- Admire the restrained scope and exquisite smashiness of Teardown by Dennis Gustafsson.
- The triumphant return of Microsoft Flight Simulator: every dead dog procedural.
- Asobo also made rat-a-palooza A Plague Tale: Innocence and underrated American-landscape-pootler Fuel.
- Destiny 2, now on Steam: that’s how you get three weird bleeding eyes.
- A good walk spoiled is then improved in What The Golf?
- Throw things at dinosaurs in Cricket Through the Ages. Currently part of Apple Arcade, but it might easily come to PC too. It’s by Free Lives, who also made Broforce.
- Stadia is Google’s game streaming thingamy, and it knows exactly what kind of a piece of shit you are.
- The new funny games: Jazzpunk, Untitled Goose Game and the oeuvre of Bennett Foddy, GIRP, QWOP and Getting Over It.
- Crumbly cave smasher, Noita. Heed not Alex’s eggy secrets.
- Previous games by at least one of the Noita devs include Baba Is You and Crayon Physics.
- The definitive falling sand, er, sandbox is Powder Toy.
- Hobbes’ Leviathan has baller cover design.
- The soundtrack to Tom’s Aegean muder spree: Fleet Foxes’ Mykonos.
- Deadwood: it’s like Shakespeare basically.
- You too can angst over efficiently pretty cities in Anno 1800 and Islanders, or wield the weapons of an absolute loser in Divinity II: Original Sin.
This podcast is goose resistant to a depth of 50 metres.
You can hang out with us and our community on our Discord channel. If you have a question for a future episode, send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet us @crateandcrowbar. You can also listen to it on YouTube, and subscribe to our YouTube channel, if you like.
The Crate and Crowbar is kindly funded by our Patreon backers. If you’d like to know more about supporting our podcast and its spinoffs, click here.