Tom, Marsh and two-thirds of a bottle of whiskey consider the fate of Valley of the Gods, indulge in Russo-phobic whack-a-mole in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and ponder space, loss and buttons in Still There.
- Campo Santo’s Valley of the Gods is now officially on hold as its creators move onto other projects at Valve.
- But not everyone had a wheelie desk to wheel away, as Duncan Fyfe’s plangent tweets make plain.
- Death Stranding’s landscape is not the product of Avalanche’s proprietary engine – but of Guerilla Game’s proprietary Decima engine!
- Gradually stab a Russian man in the leg with screwdrivers in the new Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. Grim stuff!
- No bang with the podge man, though.
- John Walker’s new website is called Buried Treasure! I probably should have said that out loud on the podcast. Anyway. It’s nice!
- Still There: sad man in space simulator / point & click.
- Nice man telling you about wine and pigs: Sam Neill.
- Disco Elysium is still great. I shouldn’t have save-scummed. I should have plunged screaming into the unfolding shambles man tragedy.
- Is Jack Ryan bad? It’s probably bad.
- Rainbow Six Siege is great, but we yearn for the breach-‘n’-clear co-ops of Clancy games of yore.
- You can play Halo Reach on PC!
- Terrifyingly good sound design in The Hunt: Showdown.
- Scary Norse game Apsulov: End of Gods.
- Tim Hutching’s LARP A Crow Funeral
- Jason Rohrer‘s GDC talk from 2018: “2014 vs. 2018: The Shape of Financial Success Before and After the Indiepocalypse”
- Tom’s review of Star Wars: Bog Standard Jedi.
- Homer Simpson’s rendition of Born Under a Bad Sign. A classic.
You can hang out with us and our community on our Discord channel. If you have a question for a future episode, send it to us at email@example.com or tweet us @crateandcrowbar. You can also listen to it on YouTube, and subscribe to our YouTube channel, if you like.
The Crate and Crowbar is kindly funded by our Patreon backers. If you’d like to know more about supporting our podcast and its spinoffs, click here.