Marsh, Chris and Alex attempt our first remote pod to discuss AI-augmented game development and the various verbs of Doom Eternal.
This is a shorter pod than usual as we get used to a new way of recording – but we’re going to do our best to continue to deliver hot pods every week. We hope you’re staying well! Washyerhandseverybody.
- Here’s that interview with Google’s Erin Hoffman-John about game creation using machine learning. Who will reach the end of Mike Cook’s Takeshi’s Castle with their dignity intact?
- Here’s Ganbreeder (now Artbreeder), and here’s how Pascal Blanché has used it to do art.
- We’ve all been running and jumpiung and shooting and finding and chainsawing and flaming and grenading and glory-killing and collecting Funkos in Doom Eternal.
- Podcast recommendations!
- The BBC’s Boring Talks, particularly this one about Watergate tape silence.
- This American Life‘s backlog, specifically, Squirrel Cop and squid or bung.
- Sophie’s Dice! Ideal for yer remote roleplaying. Chris has also been getting used to roll20.
- Here’s Chris and Pip’s podcast about Animal Crossing, if you missed it.
You can hang out with us and our community on our Discord channel. If you have a question for a future episode, send it to us at email@example.com or tweet us @crateandcrowbar. You can also listen to it on YouTube, and subscribe to our YouTube channel, if you like.
The Crate and Crowbar is kindly funded by our Patreon backers. If you’d like to know more about supporting our podcast and its spinoffs, click here.