Tom F and Marsh are joined by the mellifluous voice of Graham Smith to have weird wives in Sigma Theory, poke fingers into Half-Life: Alyx’s fungal bird beaks and enjoy Valorant in the brief twilight that heralds our inevitable obsolescence.
- A new game from Firaxis comes out next week! It’s XCOM: Chimera Squad, aka Tactical Breach Lizards.
- What a wicky wild wild, wicky wicky wild, wicky wild, wicky wicky wild wild wild world we live in.
- Soren Johnson has announced his new 4X game: The Wilder Olds. Wait. Older Wilds? Old World.
- Jon Blow is working on, and streaming, an unannounced a game. I was going to say, “Can ya tell what it is yet?” like Rolf Harris, then remembered that he’s a sex criminal and now I’m sad.
- Experience the suspense of Chekhov’s Spousal Betrayal in Sigma Theory: Global Cold War.
- Valve’s reportedly superlative attempt to redefine the VR waggle-space for people who have large houses, empty rooms, no cats, 20-20 vision, an imperviousness to vertigo, a spare £1000 and who just love to sweat: Half-Life: Alyx. Sounds great.
- But not as good as Beat Saber, maybe?
- Riot’s mash-up of Overwatch and Counter-Strike: Valorant.
- Animal Crossing: Turnip Salve
- The unrecommendable Wurm Online.
- Make up stuff about goblins together at Roll20 dot net.
- Jazzpunk is a game that looks like it would have been fun to make.
- Similarly, Virtual Virtual Reality.
- And TABS. Follow Wilhelm Nylund for amazing things he has seemingly bashed together with ease.
- Welcome to Light Fields is a VR room thing that lets you explore the interior of a space shuttle via the reflections on a metal cup.
- Pour one out for Geoguessr. They monetized it to bits, those animals.
You can hang out with us and our community on our Discord channel. If you have a question for a future episode, send it to us at email@example.com or tweet us @crateandcrowbar. You can also listen to it on YouTube, and subscribe to our YouTube channel, if you like.
The Crate and Crowbar is kindly funded by our Patreon backers. If you’d like to know more about supporting our podcast and its spinoffs, click here.