Alex, Tom F and Graham muse on the eternal E3 news, marvel at itchio’s BLM bundle, lament pyromantic stealth game Wildfire, adore deck-builder Monster Train and flail further in Half-Life: Alyx.
- IGN’s eternal E3.
- The Escapist’s indie stream.
- Sony’s PS5 stream. I found it unconscionably boring, to my surprise and dismay.
- Undaunted: The Heretic One is, you know, the Heretic one.
- And Trepang2 is the FEAR one.
- The incredible Black Lives Matter bundle.
- John Walker has been doing a good job of picking out gems from the bundle.
- Wide Ocean Big Jacket, aka My Big Wide Open Morning Jacket. It’s in the bundle.
- One of the previous games from the same dev, Little Party.
- Be a cutesy teen bird in A Short Hike, and enjoy it, just to spite Alex. It’s in the bundle.
- Not mentioned on the pod, but puzzle game Ethereal is really interesting. It’s in the bundle.
- If Found is not in the bundle, but it’s nice.
- Quadrilateral Cowboy. It’s in the bundle.
- Pen and paper RPGs are to be found in the bundle too: e.g. the EXCELLENT Band of Blades (and the fantastically loopy Troika).
- Kids, Minit, Celeste are also games that are in the bundle. But why not look for yourself? In the bundle.
- Wildfire a sneaky, flamey game that is, alas, a bit of a damp squib.
- Comparable 2D stealth game, Tony of the Ninja.
- Tom’s fab post about Metal Gear Solid 5’s failure spectrum.
- Have you played Tom’s games, Gunpoint and Heat Signature?
- Choo choo, motherfuckers.
- Is Monster Train too much fun?
- Your strict and loving parent, Slay the Spire.
- The Peggle of Slay-the-Spire-likes, Overdungeon.
- Flamboyant exercise in cultural obscurantism: Half-Life: Alyx.
- Here it is rendered as a video performance by a Youtube Person.
You can hang out with us and our community on our Discord channel. If you have a question for a future episode, send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet us @crateandcrowbar. You can also listen to it on YouTube, and subscribe to our YouTube channel, if you like.
The Crate and Crowbar is kindly funded by our Patreon backers. If you’d like to know more about supporting our podcast and its spinoffs, click here.