Graham, Tom Senior, Chris and special guest Philippa Warr discuss insect-infested planets, robot-infested moons, man-infested robots, and subway-infested men. Or Infested Planet, Planetary Annihilation, Titanfall and Mini Metro, if you prefer.
Also discussed: lift music in the grim darkness of the far future; dance music in the mild inconvenience of the immediate present; dressing gowns; robots that are assholes. Listen through to the very end to hear the sound of a man braying unintelligibly through a doorway. Thanks for listening, everybody!
- Pip is from Not A Game Podcast. Also, the internet.
- Infested Planet is about mowing down tens of thousands of chitinous alien bugs.
- Mini Metro, a game that proves that public transport people aren’t… trying… hard… enough? (I love you and respect you, public transport people.)
- Dwarf Fortress for newbies.
- Angelina, an AI that does not – yet – have a PR.
- Planetary Annihilation, a strategy game hindered by the impossible geometry of, er, spheres.
- Titanfall is a game where your robot appreciates you. Here’s Chris’ review.
- Jonathan Jacques-Belletete’s triangles Tumblr, featuring Tom’s ruff.
Our intro music is the creation of The Mandibles, from their track Clambake. Many of the band members now tour as Count Bobo And The Bullion.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS