Marsh, Chris and Tom F mull over this year’s best April Fools, the future of Oculus, crazy controllers at GDC, randomised adventures in Reaper of Souls, and why Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes represents the PC-ification of console games.
- Blizzard’s StarCraft April Fool in which many things, including the title of the post, acronym down to HotS.
- Valve VR man Michael Abrash posts about why he’s joining Oculus.
- Tom F talks a bit more about Droqen‘s excellent Analogue Defender on this Idle Thumbs episode.
- Please Don’t, Space Dog! An Oculus Rift game about correcting a dog’s mistakes.
- More details on Ken Levine’s idea for a system that generates replayable narratives.
- More on how related system Storybricks is being used in EverQuest Next.
- Special Effect, a UK charity set up to help disabled gamers play.
- Our YouTube channel, where you can find all one billion parts of Marsh & Rich Stanton’s Dark Souls playthrough, plus some less dark Gang Beast brawling.
As always, we are played in by The Mandibles, plucked from their track Clambake. Many of the band members now tour as Count Bobo And The Bullion.
Discuss it in the forum thread.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS