Marsh, Tom F, Tom S and Graham gather to discuss the splintered factions of Civilization: Beyond Earth, the bros of Broforce, the computer hacking of Hack ‘n’ Slash, the many ways to die in FTL: Advanced Edition, and how easy Dwarf Fortress is to play.
Also discussed: Marsh’s thoughts on Wolf Among Us episode 3, Tom F’s glorious dictatorship in Dear Leader, what violent games made us feel bad, and more.
- Read Tom S’s huge interview with the lead designer(s) of Civilization: Beyond Earth.
- A good time for fans of 4X games: Warlock 2, Dominions 4, Galactic Civilizations 3, Pandora: First Contact, Age of Wonder 3.
- Double Fine are making maky fine sounding games. Hack ‘n’ Slash is a fantasy-set game where you wield a USB stick in stead of a sword. Dear Leader is a dictator life sim.
- Wolfamongous episode 3 is out. Put it back in.
- Broforce is a surprisingly tactical ’80s action spoof. Read Marsh’s words about it.
- PeridexisErrant’s Dwarf Fortress Starter Pack makes getting into the long in-development fantasy sim easier to play, whether in fortress or adventure mode.
- FTL: Advanced Edition came out this month for iPad and PC. It’s still full of death.
- Games that made us feel bad about ourselves: Hotline Miami 2. Bulletstorm. The Last of Us.
- Hoplite is the greatest turn-based dungeon-diving mobile strategy game about deciding when to retire.
- I’m Scared modifies its game files every time you die and are forced back to desktop.