In which we chew the CoD like K-PAX chews scenery. Graham squanders seamen in Sub Commander, Tom F loses himself in (and patience with) NaissanceE, Marsh little delights in Child of Light and Tom S resurrects Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines.
Also: Judi Dench’s terrifying slit-mouthed digital death mask, the correct nomenclature for nested Clancys, Steve Gaynor’s sinister powers of manipulation, many excellent Dark Souls-themed email introductions and a fatal plea to check out the physics.
- Unprecedented! A new Call of Duty game has been announced. Apparently it has really advanced ghost dogs in it, and all of them have Kevin Spacey’s face?
- VICE have teamed up with Call of Duty to do a documentary on private military companies.
- Aisha Tyler gets run over for no obvious reason.
- Child of Light is a (J-ish)RPG from the Far Cry 3 team. Marsh reviewed it for RPS.
- ASCII sim/roguelike Sub Commander.
- Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines is an ace RPG from yesteryear.
- Vampire: The Masquerade – Redemption is a pretty decent RPG and even more yesteryearer.
- Run and jump and fall over in the darkness of NaissanceE.
- Tom Clancy’s Thom Clancy’s Twitter account.
- Is there a right way to Gone Home?
- Adam Foster’s brilliant Half-Life 2 mod, Minerva.
- Steve Gaynor’s fantastic series of dev interviews: Tone Control.
- Soren Johnson plays Civ 4 on Twitch.
- RPS’ recurring dev interviews: A Game And A Chat.
- John Schaefer’s Game Design Round Table.
- JP LeBreton plays through the Arcadia section of Bioshock while talking to the Idle Thumbs dudes.
- Tom Senior lovingly recalls Unreal. Marsh has written about his love for it here.
- Dave Johnston on the making of de_Dust and de_Dust2.
- The Counter-Strike: Global Offensive team discuss remaking de_Cbble.
- Hurrah for Youtube and therefore try Dark Souls videos.
Our intro music is by The Mandibles from their track Clambake. Many of the band members now tour as Count Bobo And The Bullion.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS