Toms Francis and Senior, Grahams Smith and Marshes Davies convene to discuss a Deus Ex: Human Revolution speed run, being guilted into stealth in Black Flag’s slave-freeing DLC, and the pleasure of Watch Dogs’ open-world-Spy-Party multiplayer.
Plus masterful griefing in Dark Souls, whether BioShock Infinite’s combat was any good, and whether cultural resonance excuses rescuing a princess.
- The Deus Ex: Human Revolution speed run I enthuse about.
- The Summer Games Done Quick charity speedrun event is still going on till Sunday. Here’s the schedule.
- The Speed Demos Archive probably has a run for whatever game you might want to see.
- Great post on the forums by Zoetrope explaining the bizarre secret behind how the runner boosts his health so much in the Half-Life run we mention – includes a vid of that run.
- Dark Souls disguise trolling.
- ‘Til Cows Tear us Apart, a short, funny, free game for the Space Cowboy Game Jam, with great music. Turns out they do have permission for it, too.
- somnolentsurfer points out we neglected to explain what Gun Game is. It’s a game mode where each player is assigned a random weapon rather than buying or collecting them – details.
- Video explaining the virtues of Bioshock Infinite’s combat that Sam refers to in his question.
- Women as Background Decoration: Part 1 – the Tropes vs Women in Video Games episode we discuss.
Here’s the forum thread to discuss or respond to anything in this episode.
Our intro music is by The Mandibles from their track Clambake. Many of the band members now tour as Count Bobo And The Bullion.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS