In which we watch wizards get rich and wonder: how? And why? And was it even fun? Plus: Marsh and Tom F slip into the bushes during multiplayer stealth game Of Guards And Thieves while Tom S sets sail upon a Sunless Sea.
And that’s not all! No, sir/madam! We raise a collective eyebrow at the spiralling franchisal universe of Captain Forever, recall the creaky criminality of Payday 2, recount our favourite physics-enabled fluids, repudiate Blacklist’s beefcakes and ruminate on wrecking Parisian architecture.
- The International: what a lot of nonsense. Watch matches with noob commentary here.
- Robin Sloan’s essay: The Secret of Minecraft. (Spoiler: it’s secrecy.)
- Almost brilliant multiplayer stealth game Of Guards And Thieves.
- Not at all brilliant stealth game Splinter Cell: Blacklist.
- Hitman Go, or possibly Hit Mango, for iPhone and Android.
- Farbs’ Captain Forever follow-up, The Dawn Star.
- Dean Tate’s take on Captain Forever, Remix.
- Branching, narrative-driven Lovecraftian horror with shonky combat: Sunless Sea
- Pizza toppings that ended up scrawled over my show notes: black olives, pepperoni, spicy beef and mushrooms.
- Surprisingly and enduringly popular co-op heist game, Payday 2.
- Assassin’s Creed: Unity’s HUD isn’t as bad as it seems.
Discuss this episode on our forums.