Marsh, Chris and Graham curate their thoughts about Steam curation, then talk Star Citizen and Elite: Dangerous, the dark future of Brigador, the bright future of Sim Hero, and Marsh’s time spent formulating The Masterplan.
Also discussed: Recettear: An Item’s Shop Tale, the problems with our capitalist society, the terror of space Clarkson, how much cheating is too much cheating, and which game we’d turn into an animal.
- Steam now has a system for audience-led curation of games. Crate & Crowbar has its own curated list.
- Star Citizen’s Top Gear parody has well-observed Clarkson-isms. What an awful thing. The fish tank you can buy is sort of funny, though.
- A Brigador is a fighter or bully, it turns out. Also a cool, isometric mech combat game.
- Walker was a 2D mech combat game by DMA Design. Eurogamer recently wrote a retrospective.
- Manage adventurers and build towns in Sim Hero, of which there’s a free beta available now.
- Recettear: An Item Shop’s Tale is a Japanese RPG/management game with an excellent English translation.
- The Masterplan is like Introversion’s Subversion’s, except it exists. It’s in Early Access now.
- The next patch for Elite: Dangerous is due on September 30th. It’s already lots of fun, but the coming additions are exciting.
You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (puns optional) or follow us on Twitter at @crateandcrowbar. If you’d like to tweet us individually, Marsh, Chris Thursten and Graham.
This episode is also available on our YouTube channel, where you’ll also find our adventures in Dark Souls, Gang Beasts, Spelunky and more.
Our intro music is by The Mandibles from their track Clambake. Many of the band members now tour as Count Bobo And The Bullion.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS