Chris, Pip and Tom F appraise the new Team Fortress 2 short End of the Line, entries for the Ludum Dare compo themed around fitting a whole game on one screen, and what they’ve been playing. Chris and Pip have much to discuss about first person puzzler The Talos Principle, and what it says about god, order, and rebellion. Tom is similarly effusive about Super Wolfenstein HD, and what it says about knives, spades and dogs.
Chris thought we should do quick-fire questions from Twitter this week, which is why this episode is three hours long.
- End of the Line, the TF2 film and associated update.
- The Entire Screen of One Game, by Tom7. A game in which you are the previous level.
- The Aadvark and the Manatee, by Liselore Goedhart and Aran Koning. It’s about communism, we think.
- Tom F plays the wobbly physics tragicomedy Super Wolfenstein 3D, link to the game in the description.
- The Talos Principle is only 90% of its surprisingly but not unreasonably high price.
- Graham and Tom infiltrate Noore’s Fortress, Graham falls to his death.
- Jonas Kyratzes, we are sorry none of us could accurately remember your surname. We will remember it as the street slang plural of Far Cry 4’s fictional setting.
- Molten Corgi butt gif.
- The Elite: Dangerous launch trailer, showing off Gunpoint artist John Roberts’ excellent space crate and some gold that might be Chris’s idea.
- Dog Eat Dog, an upsettingly effective board game about colonialism.
- YouTube Rewind 2014, or “Here’s what you missed because you’re not really part of those particular subcultures that turn out to be weirdly vast.”
The place to discuss this episode is the Episode Discussion Forum.
You can also listen to this episode on our Youtube channel.
If you have a question for a future podcast, you can email us at email@example.com. You can also leave questions for us on the forum or tweet us @crateandcrowbar.
And if you’d like to follow us on Twitter individually, here we are:
Our intro music is by The Mandibles from their track Clambake. Many of the band members now tour as Count Bobo And The Bullion.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS