Graham, Chris, Pip and Tom F discuss Godus’ broken promises to manus, Atari’s unwelcome promise of survivaly-Asteroids, Apotheon’s promising art style, and why Sunless Sea’s enormous promise is bothering Chris.
- John Walker’s summary of the troubling state of Godus.
- Godus’s ‘Godus of Goduses’ has in fact been interviewed since we recorded this. “I don’t care. Really. Like, whatever.” – God.
- In the furore caused by the behaviour described in the two articles above, Molyneux has received death threats against himself and his family and has declared he will never talk to the press again.
- Atari revives Asteroids into something that has the word ‘crafting’ in the press release.
- Apotheon is an appealing but slightly fiddly combat game in the ‘looks like a greek vase’ genre.
- Tom F is 58 hours into Invisible Inc, and it’s still ridiculously good. You can watch him play and talk about it here.
- Chris was still deliberating on his Sunless Sea score when we recorded this. Find out what he gave it here.
- Eurogamer has dropped review scores for these reasons, although they still have Google stars and now use three badgey things.
The place to discuss this episode is the Episode Discussion Forum.
You can also listen to this episode on our Youtube channel.
If you have a question for a future podcast, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also leave questions for us on the forum or tweet us @crateandcrowbar.
And if you’d like to follow us on Twitter individually, here we are:
Our intro music is by The Mandibles from their track Clambake. Many of the band members now tour as Count Bobo And The Bullion.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS