Graham’s played animal-reprogramming sim The Magic Circle and has done terrible things to dogs, Chris has been stealing everyone’s money rockets in Offworld Trading Company, and Tom F has been getting angry at blue orbs in Ori and the Blind Forest.
Also discussed: what have we learned from games? Should you work for free pens? Is it weird to play everything with mouse and keyboard?
- The Gunpoint / Heat Signature crossover thing Tom F refers to but does not describe.
- The Magic Circle is a game about a game, and the official site shows some of the weirdness we talk about with the dev team and the old pro and the rest.
- Tom F wrote about the flying dogs he made in it way back.
- Offworld Trading Company is in Early Access, but it’s already good.
- Dark Oreos have a troubled past, but are still vegan. None have yet been lost in a blind forest.
- A listener yearns to hear more of our thoughts on the design of Spelunky, so we direct them to our Spelunky tag for all relevant episodes. Checking this reveals we haven’t talked about it for a tag-worthy amount of time in over a year!
The place to discuss this episode is the Episode Discussion forum. You can also listen to it on YouTube, because we have a channel there that also has Let’s Plays and stuff sometimes.
If you have a question for a future podcast, you can email us at email@example.com. You can also leave questions for us on the forum or tweet us @crateandcrowbar.
And if you’d like to follow us on Twitter individually, here we are:
Our intro music is by The Mandibles from their track Clambake. Many of the band members now tour as Count Bobo And The Bullion.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS