Owright Guvnor! Cheeky blighters Marsh, Toms and Graham gather to discuss the new Assassin’s Creed, lather praise all over The Witcher 3’s beastly hide and frolic in the gibs of Black Mesa’s lovingly up-rezzed creatures.
Also! Tom F enjoys Wolfenstein: The New Order, up to a point, and we wonder what happened to Broken Age, with reference to Double Fine’s bare-all making of documentary. Also also: Democracy, Kafka-esque games and the best heroes to buy in Heroes of the Storm.
- Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate was announced with a lengthy video.
- Games with territory capture mechanics: Dawn of War: Dark Crusade, GTA: San Andreas, Dragon Commander.
- Cheeky Nando’s, not a gang in Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate. As far as we know.
- £40 is the going rate for a cane blade, apparently.
- The Witcher 3 is rather good.
- And has much better voice acting than The Witcher 1.
- That Final Fantasy VIII card game is called Triple Triad, featuring music that stays in your head forever.
- Black Mesa is worth buying.
- Anyone else remember Rune?
- You can get hold of the harrowing Broken Age documentary here.
- The making of Star Wars: Episode I.
- The Old Blood is old hat, 2014’s Wolfenstein: The New Order is where it’s at.
- Democracy 3, and Dan Gril’s Simulection series of diaries for New Statesman.
- Vi Hart and Nicky Case’s interactive demonstration of how biases for and against diversity affect community segregation is here. Vi Hart’s videos on maths and music are also great.
- Kafka-esque games: The Stanley Parable, Facade, Flower Sun Rain.
- Good Heroes of the Storm starting heroes: ETC, Valla, Lili, Taccadar, Anub’arak. Gotta get those dailies!
- Looking for a communist game? Looks like it might be worth waiting for The Tomorrow Children.
The place to discuss this episode is the Episode Discussion forum. You can also listen to it on YouTube, because we have a channel there that also has Let’s Plays and stuff sometimes.
If you have a question for a future podcast, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also leave questions for us on the forum or tweet us @crateandcrowbar.
And if you’d like to follow us on Twitter individually, here we are:
Our intro music is by The Mandibles from their track Clambake. Many of the band members now tour as Count Bobo And The Bullion.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS