Marsh, Chris, Tom F and Graham gather amid birdsong to discuss news of Fallout 4, XCOM 2 and Steam refunds, plus puzzling citybuilder Concrete Jungle, The Witcher 3’s card game Gwent, and the brainteasing You’re Pulleying My Leg.
Also discussed: special viewing modes in games, whether game balance should match real world statistics, whether you can break the holy trinity of Warrior/Rogue/Mage, and how we like our unlocks unlocked.
- We were talking Fallout before confirmation or the trailer, both of which we now have.
- Steam refunds continue to be contentious, though Valve have clarified some details since our discussion.
- The XCOM 2 trailer satisfied us more than the Fallout 4 reveal. Lean forward and squint to discern Snakewomen.
- Concrete Jungle was Kickstarted and is good. Graham was wrong about there being an earlier free iteration, but the similar XBox game Marsh was thinking of was made by the same person.
- Holy Potatoes! A Weapon Shop?! is pleasingly upbeat, and satisfying if you like gradually increasing numbers.
- You should play Alan Hazelden’s You’re Pulleying My Leg safe in the knowledge that it can be completed.
Discuss this episode on the Episode Discussion forum. You can also listen to it on YouTube. You could also subscribe to our channel, if you like.
You can email us your very own questions at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also leave questions for us on the forum or tweet us @crateandcrowbar.
You can also follow us on Twitter as individuals:
Our intro music is by The Mandibles from their track Clambake. Many of the band members now tour as Count Bobo And The Bullion.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS