Tom, Marsh and Tom brace for E3 with a look at the latest announcements, like Mirror’s Edge Catalyst, Fallout 4 and The Tomorrow Corporation’s Human Resource Machine. Tom S evangelises about Her Story, Tom F examines the merits of post-apocalypse sim Overland and Marsh tries to process the experience of playing Gynophobia.
But! Do bad games deserve to be wiped out of the market? Should world-builders take an explicit moral stance on their creations? What happened to Marsh in Kenya? And where the hell did that cabbage come from? All that and more in Episode 96.
- The Tomorrow Corporation’s new game is Human Resource Machine.
- The Tomorrow Corporation also made World of Goo (woo!) and Little Inferno (hmm!).
- Lovely logic gates and programming abound in Zachtronic’s Infinifactory, SpaceChem and TIS-100.
- Mirror’s Edge Catalyst!
- We’ve now seen the first trailer for Fallout 4. The boat mentioned is the USS Constitution aka “Old Ironsides”, which sunk a bunch of British ships back in the day, and will sink many more now it has jet engines.
- New York city cops, New York city cops, ain’t too smart.
- Her Story. Out June 24!
- Overland is about “tactical roadtrip survival”.
- Marsh’ thoughts and sufferings playing Gynophobia.
- The $1 dino game mentioned is ORION: Prelude.
- It’s hard to find a single resource for the historic legends of dog-headed people, but the Google search is a fun time. The myth continues to this day.
- Velvet Assassin has fucking massive cabbages.
- Seven reasons why Fallout is a mess.
- Pixel Piracy sounds fun, if you like dying and poo.
- Cool post-apocalypses: Enslaved, NEO Scavenger.
Discuss this episode on the Episode Discussion forum. You can also listen to it on YouTube. You could also subscribe to our channel, if you like.
You can email us your very own questions at email@example.com. You can also leave questions for us on the forum or tweet us @crateandcrowbar.
You can also follow us on Twitter as individuals:
Our intro music is by The Mandibles from their track Clambake. Many of the band members now tour as Count Bobo And The Bullion.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS